Phone: (250) 378 5634
Merritt Business Directory
It is time to nominate the Best of the Best. This year the categories have been revamped offering a broader scope for nominees.
The evening is October 29th at the Merritt Civic Centre –
Remember nominations need to be complete in order to qualify. Please indicate in 25 words or more why the person, business or organization is deserving of these awards.
All Merritt and area businesses are eligible –Merritt Chamber members and non-members alike! This is your opportunity to nominate an admirable business –including your own!
Nomination DEADLINE Wednesday, September 28th, 2016. Download OR complete the online form below.
Qualifying organizations: excellence in products or services to the public and visitors.
(Financial, Legal, Health Care, Dentistry, Engineering, Insurance, Real Estate …)
excellence in essential services to the community and businesses at large
(Restaurants, Café, Franchise, Caterers, Pubs …)
• excellence in quality and outstanding food served
• provides a clean, comfortable and an exemplary atmosphere
(Resorts, Hotels, Motels, Bed & Breakfasts, RV Parks, Campgrounds, Recreational Companies …)
• excellence in marketing that promote Merritt & The Nicola Valley as a destination
• collaborates with other tourism partners to promote and enhance visitor experience
Qualifying individual: Owner, Manager or member of an organization’s senior management team.
Criteria: Individual owns, manages and/or operates a well run organization and has a personal reputation for honesty, integrity, and actively demonstrates their commitment to the community through the involvement and leadership.
(Contractor, Carpenter, Electrician, Welder, Farrier, Programmer, Technician, Artisan …)
• excellence in workmanship of products or delivery of services
• reputation for exemplary support, honesty and integrity
• demonstrates pride in their work
(Manufacturer or Technology Provider)
• innovation of manufacturing processes or provided technology
• excellent reputation as a leader in their marketplace
(any business in Merritt & The Nicola Valley)
• provides quality, innovation and creativity in products or services
Qualifying organizations: All Not For Profit Organizations serving the
Criteria: A society or organization recognized as socially responsible, well managed, with measurable results benefitting the community.
a founder or owner of a business
• be 29 years of age or younger in the year of the nomination
• demonstrates a high level of creativity, entrepreneurial spirit and leadership
• shows a determination and perseverance to be successful
Awarded to a person or business that is able to demonstrate at least one (1) green practice in three (3) or more of the following categories;
• waste prevention
• energy conservation
• water conservation
• employee, customer or supplier involvement in greening the business
• transportation, shipping
Awarded to a business that has demonstrated a pioneer spirit approach to business growth and retention.
Awarded to a person or business that has demonstrated outstanding leadership, vision and commitment to the overall quality of life in Merritt & the Nicola Valley. Sponsored by Nicola Valley Community Futures