- Category: About
- Published: Thursday, 07 March 2019 19:27
- Hits: 14371
Our Vision was re-established during our 2018/19 Strategic Planning. The Merritt and District Chamber of Commerce strives to be;
"The collective voice of business supporting responsible economic growth and prosperity in Merritt and the Nicola Valley"
The Mission of the Merritt and District Chamber of Commerce
Our Mission re-established in the 2018/19 Strategic Plan is:
- To foster and promote a healthy economic climate in which to do business in the city of Merritt and surrounding areas
- To be involved in community activities which contribute to, and directly enhance business opportunity
- To advocate on behalf of members to various levels of government on business related issues
- To coordinate efforts of commerce, industry and the professions in maintaining and strengthening a sounds and healthy business climate in Merritt and the Nicola Valley
- To provide creative business leadership and effective coordination of all interested parties in solving community problems and in initiating constructive community action
- To create a broad understanding of and promote the advantages and assets of Merritt and the surrounding areas to increase the number of patrons to our community to increase economic growth as it relates to business
- Acts as an information center and advocate for businesses in our area
- Provides benefits to our members
- Advocate for all businesses in Merritt and the surrounding area
- Maintain and enhance a strong socially responsible business climate based on the principles of free enterprise, fair profit and job creation for businesses of all sizes while valuing culture, diversity and economic prosperity and innovation to enhance quality of life.
- Creating opportunities to meet and network with other business people in the community and gain greater local exposure for businesses within Merritt and the surrounding areas.