The intent of ART WALK is to provide an opportunity to develop a partnership between local businesses and their customers, visitors and Nicola Valley's creative community.
Participation Fee: Chamber (member) rate - $200
Non-member rate - $300
* Fees are used for promotion of event, the business, and the artist
WHAT ART WALK WILL DO FOR YOUR BUSINESS
Feature your business with artist on artistsofmerritt.ca.
Increase traffic: attractive window displays have proven to be the most effective traffic builders for six weeks.
Promote your business through Art Walk advertising and promotions (including newspapers, radio, TV, email and
artistsofmerritt.ca & Merritt & District Chamber of Commerce websites, posters, Passport book with map)
Establish community recognition that Merritt's retailers support Arts & Culture
Puts your business "on the map" literally. Artwalk supplies a map in the Passport book,for the public containing all
of the participating businesses and artists
Encourage artists to demonstrate during your business hours
HOW TO MAXIMIZE THE OPPORTUNITY
• Provide a space suitable for the artist to set up an attractive display of their work which is visible to the public.
HOW TO PARTICIPATE
• Complete application form and return it with the application fee - cheque, cash, credit card to Merritt &
District Chamber of Commerce office by May 20th.
• Have the display area cleaned and emptied, as set up will take place between June 27th and June 30th .
(Artists work must be displayed until Aug. 12th or 13th., 2016).
• Display and hand-out supplied materials to the public (posters, brochures with maps)
• Promote your artist by displaying their business cards, or include them in your own promotions.
NOTE: please let the Merritt & District Chamber of Commerce know immediately if there is an issue with your artist - ie they don't
show up to set up, their work is poorly framed or displayed, etc - we would like all issues taken care of BEFORE the event begins!
Contact, the Merritt & District Chamber of Commerce office @ 2185 Voght St.
For more information contact: Etelka Gillespie, Merritt & District Chamber of Commerce 250-378-5634